Monitoring: duress messages received and acted on 24/7
Services – Monitoring
Alarm receiving and monitoring services
The TWIG Point alarm gateway service is a professional purpose-designed platform for facilitating and configuring duress alarm and worker safety alarm systems. TWIG Point is one of the world’s most advanced duress alerting and device fleet management platforms. (As it is purpose-designed for duress use and worker safety and not simply a car asset tracker software adapted for duress alarm application.)
In assisting lone workers, the platform generally includes TWIG Point and an alarm gateway service. It can be applied for duress only, so the monitoring centre is alerted or can also have mapping included. Multiple servers are available. In general, the process operates this way: as soon as any untoward event is detected by a duress device i.e. duress, person-down, ripcord, amber alert, battery low, etc. it will automatically send an event to the gateway.
Alarm processing: The alarm and the GPS location or last known GPS location of the device is sent to the gateway server, so the location and the alarm can be seen and logged.
Turn Key Services Available: Flexibility involving SIM cards, Set up, Web platform, Device management, Alarm monitoring
- The Lone worker personal alarm devices can work with the client’s preferred or existing security alarm monitoring service or our recommended service.
- Importantly we do not force you to use any particular monitoring centre; and we are open to integrating the TWIG devices onto other platforms if requested.
- In any of these cases we do offer a complete turn-key project offering including all or any of the following services:
- providing Sim card – supplying Australia’s most economical Lone worker Sim cards on Telstra’s network
- installing and setting parameters on the SIMS, configuration / set up and testing of the Lone worker devices
- enabling and testing on the web-based mapping and logging platform
- (if indoor lone worker location is desired)..setting indoor location beacons and indoor maps into the web-based platform
- testing and set up of the 24/7 security operators who will take the emergency duress calls and regular testing
- co-ordinating and setting up ensuring that the client’s management is correlated with the security operators.
- We offer security monitoring using Australian leading alarm monitoring organisations who are suitably rated such as Grade A1 level rated. By utilising Grade A1 monitoring solution you can be confident that the most stringent response requirements of any industry or WHS/OHS/ SHEQ standards are met.
- Security monitoring companies are invited to contact us to arrange for integration of the TWIG devices into their graded platform.
Alarm response example
Following is a description of a generic plan of action. There can be a specific plan set up for any client organisation and in which our monitoring operators will immediately follow any agreed requested plan of action.
When the alarm is received by the monitoring centre receiver, it is then only a matter of seconds before one of the monitoring centre’s trained operators assesses this information and depending on what events are received, can:
- Call the cellular or satellite devices, which can be in silent discrete mode if needed, to confirm the exact nature of the emergency.
- Call the client organisation’s listed manager(s) or others on their emergency contact list. The nominated contacts can receive notification or a phone call if that is listed as the nominated means of contact.
- Call Emergency Services if status has been confirmed and services are required.
Note: all duress event operator voice calls are recorded and stored for later retrieval and meeting the Australian and major international standards requirements.
PACCS Alarm Management System
A special server platform which is expandable and easily customised to suit various applications.
Inputs can come from any duress/alarm/person-down system and outputs can be any combination of notifications and alarm options including third-party private alarms or security monitoring.
PACCS AMS (Alarm Management Server) is a versatile monitoring system that can act on input from alarm modules, personal alarms with location information, messages and data from all types of devices and handsets. Different actions can be taken for different types of input. For example, send a message with request for acknowledges, activate an output in the system and send information to a third party. In fact, with the customisation capability of the system, applications are viable for sites with just a few users to organisations with thousands of endpoints and users.
When a PACCS module server receives an alarm, a chain of responses is initiated. First, information in the alarm is processed; for example, the location of a fixed alarm button is translated to a descriptive text. Then the information can be put together to a message sent to a pocket unit in the system. If a response has not been received within a pre-set time, further actions can be taken. Escalation of actions and monitoring and alert acknowledgement and reset are possible remote options.
Monitoring can be for single site or multiple site situations. Critical Monitoring is generally done by a security monitoring company however local staff can be alerted also to ensure that emergency speed is suitably rapid.
Alarm response example:
- recognise alarm event
- recognise individual
- locate the individual
- log the event.